- 150 Study Hours
- Coursework only
- Advanced Diploma
Useful links & downloads
- View the CII Accessibility Statement
- Download 2021 syllabus (PDF)
- Coursework FAQs
- Explaining your assignment or dissertation result notification (PDF)
- Download 2022 specimen coursework assignment (PDF)
- Plagiarism and how to avoid it – watch the video
- Guide for coursework trainers (PDF)
- Assessment Information
- Download the CII Qualifications accessibility and special circumstances policy and guidance document
The objective of this unit is to develop an understanding of claims philosophies, systems, functions and the management of claims services.
The default Enrolment option for this unit includes:
- Latest version of the core learning content, in digital format only.
- Assessment entry.
Advanced Claims (820) introduces the concepts and processes of claims management. The study text covers the examination syllabus which is designed to enable candidates to evaluate the following:
- The claims environment.
- The application of claims service management principles.
- The application of claims management practices.
- The application of claims technical management.
- The cost of management practices.
The syllabus learning outcomes support the principle that understanding how and when to use knowledge is as important as the knowledge itself. This study material has been designed to support the achievement of these outcomes, but you should note that success in the 820 assessment will require you to undertake further reading and private research beyond this core text.
Building a successful career in insurance
Advanced Claims (820) is intended for those who are highly experienced in providing claims services and who are in, or aspire to, senior claims and management positions. You should already have a sound grounding in the general principles of insurance and in the technical aspects of claims handling as provided by Insurance, Legal and Regulatory (IF1) and Claims Practice (M85), or equivalent examinations.
Summary of learning outcomes
- Evaluate the management of the claims function.
- Evaluate and apply claims service principles and practices.
- Evaluate the application of technical claims principles.
- Analyse the financial aspects of the claims function.
- 3 coursework assignments of up to 3,200 words
- For purchases on, or after, the 21/03/2023, 12-month enrolment with assignments due at 3,6,9 months. This may be different to previous enrolments you have purchased for CII units.
- 50% pass mark
- The average pass rate for those completing Advanced Diploma in Insurance coursework units in full is currently 97.1%
Study material – editions available
Enrolment (12 months)