The Level 6 Advanced Diploma in Financial Planning builds on existing skills and knowledge, enabling advisers to develop specialist planning capabilities and offer a sophisticated and comprehensive approach to financial management.
Members with over five years’ sector experience can apply for Chartered Financial Planner status on completion of the Advanced Diploma.
The Advanced Diploma in Financial Planning is suitable for retail investment advisers, paraplanners, technical consultants and those in related support roles qualified at level 4.
There are no entry requirements for this qualification, however, to meet the demands of study at level 6, it is recommended that you already hold one of the following CII qualifications: Diploma in Regulated Financial Planning, Diploma in Financial Planning.
The Advanced Diploma in Financial Planning comprises one compulsory unit and several option units from across the Personal Finance qualifications framework. A minimum of 290 CII credits must be obtained for successful completion.
At least 120 CII credits must come from the Advanced Diploma units listed below. AF5 is a compulsory unit. A further 40 credits must be at Diploma level or above. The remaining credits can come from any units across the Personal Financial qualification framework.
- Financial Planning Process (AF5) – 30 CII credits.
Select from the following option units to complete the 120 CII Credits at Advanced Diploma level:
- Personal Tax and Trust Planning (AF1) – 30 CII credits.
- Business Financial Planning (AF2) – 30 CII credits.
- Investment Planning (AF4) – 30 CII credits.
- Senior Management and Supervision (AF6) – 30 CII credits.
- Pension Transfers (AF7) – 20 CII credits.
- Retirement Income Planning (AF8) – 30 CII credits.
For units in this qualification, students typically have access to the following materials as part of their enrolment:
- Case study workbook or study text (except for AF5)
- RevisionMate online learning environment
- Exemplar assessment
- Learning, study and assessment guidance
- Assessment entry
Additional or different resources may be available for some units.
Select units to complete this qualification
Please read the Completion Requirements section above before selecting any units as these provide essential information on what you need to do to successfully complete this qualification.