The objective of Advances in Strategic Risk Management in Insurance (993) is to explore how advances in risk management lead to improved strategic decision making in an insurance context.
This is an online study course with learning via RevisionMate the CII's online learning portal.
Important: It is assumed that the candidate already has the knowledge gained from a study of the relevant sections of IF1 Insurance, legal and regulatory and 992 Risk management in insurance or equivalent examinations.
Summary of learning outcomes
- Evaluate the benefits of effective decision making for insurance operations.
- Evaluate different perspectives on risk management decision making.
- Analyse how insurance operations make decisions in practice.
- Evaluate different perspectives on setting and communicating risk appetite in insurance operations.
- Evaluate risk culture in insurance operations.
- Analyse the impact that insurance and corporate governance regulation can have on risk management decisions.
- 3 coursework assignments up to 4,000 words
- 50% nominal pass mark
- The average pass rate for those completing Advanced Diploma in Insurance coursework units in full is currently 97.2%
Study material – editions available
Enrolment (12 months)