The objective of Advances in Strategic Risk Management in Insurance (993) is to explore how advances in risk management lead to improved strategic decision making in an insurance context.
This is an online study course with learning via RevisionMate the CII's online learning portal.
Important: It is assumed that the candidate already has the knowledge gained from a study of the relevant sections of IF1 Insurance, legal and regulatory and 992 Risk management in insurance or equivalent examinations.
Summary of learning outcomes
- Evaluate the benefits of effective decision making for insurance operations.
- Evaluate different perspectives on risk management decision making.
- Analyse how insurance operations make decisions in practice.
- Evaluate different perspectives on setting and communicating risk appetite in insurance operations.
- Evaluate risk culture in insurance operations.
- Analyse the impact that insurance and corporate governance regulation can have on risk management decisions.
- 3 coursework assignments up to 4,200 words
- For purchases on, or after, the 21/03/2023, 12-month enrolment with assignments due at 3,6,9 months. This may be different to previous enrolments you have purchased for CII units.
- 50% pass mark
- The average pass rate for those completing Advanced Diploma in Insurance coursework units in full is currently 97.0%
Units treated as equivalent
Due to the extent of syllabus overlap, certain combinations of current and withdrawn units will result in only one award of credits.
If a withdrawn equivalent is held you may not need to complete a current unit in order to satisfy a qualification's completion rules. Clarification should always be sought from CII Customer Service.
Study material – editions available
Enrolment (12 months)
Instructions on accessing your course on RevisionMate will be sent to your registered email address. This is typically within two working days of your order being placed, but may be longer, particularly if payment is made by bank transfer or the unit is available as a pre-order.