The Award in Customer Service in Insurance (Non-UK) introduces the customer service function specific to insurance companies, intermediaries and providers. It helps build knowledge and understanding of the key processes and requirements related to good customer service.
The default Enrolment option for this unit includes:
- Latest version of the core learning content, in digital format only, delivered on RevisionMate.
- Assessment entry.
We know that providing excellent customer service is vital to all businesses to contribute to sustainable success. This study text is aimed at anyone who works for an organisation in the insurance profession. The content is applicable to independent brokers, global insurers and reinsurers.
The insurance profession is service-driven and, although systems and processes can go a long way to supporting that service, the people delivering it are vitally important and continue to add value. Even those who do not currently work in customer-facing roles will find plenty of information in the study text to help them gain a greater understanding of the importance of the customer and their part in the success of the organisation.
This unit is designed to equip you with the skills and knowledge you need to work as a customer service professional in an insurance context. You will find both insurance-specific references throughout the study text and consideration of the more general skills required.
Building a successful career in insurance
This unit is suitable for those working in customer facing roles in insurance outside the UK. It is ideal for those starting their career in the insurance profession or needing some formal training on customer service issues. It helps develop the skills and knowledge to deliver excellent customer service in the insurance sector.
This unit may also count towards the Certificate in Insurance, the Certificate in Insurance and Financial Services (non-UK), the Diploma in Insurance and the Advanced Diploma in Insurance.
Please note: Award in Customer Service in Insurance enrolments are not available in the UK. Non-UK candidates can enrol online and by phoning Customer Service. You will be prompted to select your chosen international exam centre location and date or sit your exam from home with remote invigilation
To enrol for the Award in Guernsey, Jersey, Isle of Man or the Republic of Ireland please call Customer Service on +44 (0)20 8989 8464
Summary of learning outcomes
- Know how to fulfil customer requirements in the insurance sector
- Understand the importance of customer feedback to improve service in the insurance sector
- Understand the importance of good communication to maintain and build client relationships in the insurance profession
- Know how to deal with conflict within an insurance environment
- Understand the importance of keeping accurate and confidential records when dealing with customers
- Know how to manage own workload and time to meet business requirements and timescales
- Know how to work with others to achieve team and organisational objectives
- Understand the sales process
- Know how to increase sales activities
- 90 minute exam
- 50 multiple choice questions based on 10 case studies
- 70% nominal pass mark
- The 2022 pass rate for this unit was 57%
Units treated as equivalent
Due to the extent of syllabus overlap, certain combinations of current and withdrawn units will result in only one award of credits.
If a withdrawn equivalent is held you may not need to complete a current unit in order to satisfy a qualification's completion rules. Clarification should always be sought from CII Customer Service.
Instructions on accessing your course on RevisionMate will be sent to your registered email address. This is typically within two working days of your order being placed, but may be longer, particularly if payment is made by bank transfer or the unit is available as a pre-order.
Study material - editions available
2023-24 edition (applicable to exams sat 01 May 2023 to 30 April 2024)