The Award in Financial Planning (non-UK) (AWF) is designed for financial advisers and insurance agents working outside the UK, this Award provides a solid grounding in the core financial and life assurance products. It offers guidance on what constitutes professional practice, providing a framework for ethical behaviour. This unit can only be awarded to non-UK residents.
The default Enrolment option for this unit includes:
- Latest version of the core learning content, in digital format only.
- Assessment entry.
The Award is suitable for anyone working outside the UK in the insurance and financial services sector, irrespective of educational background or experience.
In a growing number of territories, the Award meets the regulatory qualification requirements relevant to advisers. In other non-regulated environments, they regularly provide a development pathway where no local educational or professional provision is available.
With over 6,500 holders to date across 80 countries, the Award in Financial Planning provides a professional benchmark for the sector.
Building a successful career in personal finance
The Award is particularly suitable for:
- Non-UK Financial Advisers and Insurance Agents working outside the UK
- Non-UK Financial Advisers needing to satisfy the minimum operating standards set by a local regulator
This single unit award may also count towards the Certificate in Insurance and Financial Services (non-UK).
At the end of this unit, candidates will be able to demonstrate knowledge and understanding of:
- The client’s needs
- The fact-finding process
- Good practice
- Protection products
- Savings and investment products
- Pension products
- 2 hour exam
- 75 multiple choice questions
- 70% nominal pass mark (the actual pass mark may vary from one session to another to ensure consistency in pass standards)
- The pass rate for those completing the unit is currently 70%
Study material - editions available
2021-22 edition (applicable to exams sat 01 May 2021 to 30 Apr 2022).