The Award in Financial Planning (non-UK) (AWF) is designed for financial advisers and insurance agents working outside the UK, this Award provides a solid grounding in the core financial and life assurance products. It offers guidance on what constitutes professional practice, providing a framework for ethical behaviour. This unit can only be awarded to non-UK residents.
The default Enrolment option for this unit includes:
- Latest version of the core learning content, in digital format only, delivered on RevisionMate.
- Assessment entry.
The Award is suitable for anyone working outside the UK in the insurance and financial services sector, irrespective of educational background or experience.
In a growing number of territories, the Award meets the regulatory qualification requirements relevant to advisers. In other non-regulated environments, they regularly provide a development pathway where no local educational or professional provision is available.
With over 6,500 holders to date across 80 countries, the Award in Financial Planning provides a professional benchmark for the sector.
Building a successful career in personal finance
The Award is particularly suitable for:
- Non-UK Financial Advisers and Insurance Agents working outside the UK
- Non-UK Financial Advisers needing to satisfy the minimum operating standards set by a local regulator
This single unit award may also count towards the Certificate in Insurance and Financial Services (non-UK).
At the end of this unit, candidates will be able to demonstrate knowledge and understanding of:
- The client’s needs
- The fact-finding process
- Good practice
- Protection products
- Savings and investment products
- Pension products
- 2 hour exam
- 75 multiple choice questions
- 70% nominal pass mark (the actual pass mark may vary from one session to another to ensure consistency in pass standards)
- The pass rate for those completing the unit is currently 64%
Instructions on accessing your course on RevisionMate will be sent to your registered email address. This is typically within two working days of your order being placed, but may be longer, particularly if payment is made by bank transfer or the unit is available as a pre-order.
Study material - editions available
2023-24 edition (applicable to exams sat 01 May 2023 to 30 April 2024)