The Level 4 Certificate in Discretionary Investment Management develops the wealth strategy and portfolio management skills required for effective discretionary investment management. It also satisfies the FCA’s qualification requirements for this class of business.
The Certificate in Discretionary Investment Management is suitable for anyone seeking to become portfolio managers who need to comply with FCA appropriate qualification requirements. It is also ideal for those wishing to develop their knowledge of investments, including retail investment advisers and those in investment-related support roles. The Certificate is also relevant if you outsource this activity.
The Certificate comprises two compulsory units, providing 40 CII credits (at Diploma level) on successful completion. These credits can be used towards further CII qualifications.
- Financial Services, Regulation and Ethics (R01) – 20 CII credits.
- Discretionary Investment Management (J10) – 20 CII credits.
For units in this qualification, students typically have access to the following materials as part of their enrolment:
- Study text (printed and/or digital) with digital updates
- RevisionMate online study support, including end of chapter tests
- Exam guides containing a practice exam and guidance
- Assessment entry
Additional or different resources may be available for some units.
Select units to complete this qualification
Please read the Completion Requirements section above before selecting any units as these provide essential information on what you need to do to successfully complete this qualification.
Explore and purchase units
- Optional units are not available.