The level 3 Certificate in Investment Operations is an introductory qualification that helps you gain the essential knowledge and skills you will need if you work with investments in an operational role. You’ll develop a general understanding of financial services and gain practical insight into the area of investments operations you choose. Importantly, the Certificate satisfies the FCA qualification requirements for overseers of certain investment operations functions.
The Certificate in Investment Operations is ideal for candidates working in a range of administrative and operational investment roles, for example those working in collective investment scheme administration, individual saving account administration and investment client servicing.
The Certificate is also suitable for anyone moving into an administrative overseer role needing to comply with FCA appropriate qualification requirements.
The Certificate comprises two compulsory units, providing 25-30 CII credits on successful completion. These credits can be used towards further CII qualifications
Select two compulsory units from the following three options:
- Financial Services, Regulation and Ethics (R01) – 20 CII credits Or UK Financial Services, Regulation and Ethics (CF1) – 15 CII credits.
- Individual Savings Accounts Administration (FA5) – 10 CII credits.
For units in this qualification, students typically have access to the following materials as part of their enrolment:
- Study text (printed and/or digital) with digital updates
- RevisionMate online study support, including end of chapter tests
- Exam guides containing a practice exam and guidance
- Assessment entry
Additional or different resources may be available for some units.
Select units to complete this qualification
Please read the Completion Requirements section above before selecting any units as these provide essential information on what you need to do to successfully complete this qualification.
Explore and purchase units
- Optional units are not available.