Building on introductory knowledge gained from the Award in London Market Insurance, the Level 3 Certificate in London Market Insurance includes one further unit, the London Market Underwriting Principles (LM3). The Certificate develops knowledge and understanding of the underwriting disciplines within the London Market, and of the key elements of the cycle. It also explores the opportunities and challenges posed by using different distribution channels such as delegated underwriting.
The Certificate in London Market Insurance is a specialised qualification for those working in or conducting business through the London Market. It is ideal for anyone holding the CII Award in London Market Insurance. It is particularly suitable for employees of Lloyd’s syndicates, brokers, managing agents or members’ agents in administrative, operation al or other support roles, for example business development managers, underwriting technicians or business analysts.
The Certificate comprises three compulsory units providing 40 CII credits (Certificate level) on successful completion. These credits can be used towards further CII qualifications.
The units are:
- London Market Insurance Essentials (LM1) – 10 CII credits.
- London Market Insurance Principles and Practices (LM2) – 15 CII credits.
- London Market Underwriting Principles (LM3) – 15 CII credits.
For units in this qualification, students typically have access to the following materials as part of their enrolment:
- Study text (printed and/or digital) with digital updates
- RevisionMate online study support, including end of chapter tests
- Exam guide containing a practice exam and guidance
- Assessment entry
Additional or different resources may be available for some units.
Select units to complete this qualification
Please read the Completion Requirements section above before selecting any units as these provide essential information on what you need to do to successfully complete this qualification.
Explore and purchase units
- Optional units are not available.