The objective of this unit is to develop knowledge and understanding of the fundamental principles and practices of commercial property and business interruption insurances.
The default Enrolment option for this unit includes:
- Latest version of the core learning content, in digital format only.
- Assessment entry.
Commercial Property and Business Interruption Insurances (M93) focuses on the main risks to commercial property; policy cover and market practices of commercial property and business interruption insurances, and; risk perception, assessment and underwriting issues associated with these types of insurance.
Its broad scope will be relevant to those working in a wide range of roles including underwriting, claims, surveying and broking.
At this stage in your studies it is likely that you are already working in the insurance market and may well have a good understanding of how the commercial insurance market operates.
Building a successful career in insurance
This course is ideal for those looking to gain knowledge and understanding of commercial property and business interruption insurances to build a successful career in the insurance profession or in a support role. At this stage in your studies it is likely that you are already working in the insurance market and may well have a good understanding of how the commercial insurance market operates.
Commercial Property and Business Interruption Insurances (M93) counts towards a Diploma in Insurance. It may also count towards the Advanced Diploma in Insurance.
Please note it is assumed that you already have knowledge of the fundamental principles of insurance as covered in Insurance, Legal and Regulatory (IF1) or equivalent examinations.
Summary of learning outcomes
- Understand the risk and control of fire, theft and other contingencies to property and business interruption.
- Understand the cover provided by and main practices of property insurance.
- Understand the cover provided by and main practices of business interruption insurance.
- Understand the underwriting of property and business interruption insurance.
- Understand how property and business interruption insurance claims are handled.
- Coursework assignment with 10 compulsory short answer questions; and a 1 hour exam comprising 50 multiple-choice questions (MCQs)
- 60% coursework nominal pass mark
- 65% exam nominal pass mark
- The average pass rate for those completing Diploma in Insurance mixed assessment units in full is currently 91.2%
Study material - editions available
2021-22 edition (applicable to exams sat 01 May 2021 to 30 Apr 2022).