Customer Service in Insurance (IF9) provides knowledge and understanding of the customer service within the context of an insurance environment.
The default Enrolment option for this unit includes:
- Latest version of the core learning content, in digital format only.
- Assessment entry.
Providing good customer service is vital to all businesses in order to contribute to sustainable success. The UK regulator, the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA), requires that 'All firms must be able to show consistently that fair treatment of customers is at the heart of their business model'.
Customer Service in Insurance (IF9) is suitable for everyone working in the insurance profession at any level, this study text provides greater awareness and understanding of the importance of the customer and the part they play in the success of the organisation.
The study text looks at how the insurance profession is regulated, which will help you understand the source of the rules as you work your way through this course.
This study text is designed to equip you with the skills and knowledge you need to work as a customer service professional in an insurance context. You will find insurance-specific references throughout the study text and consideration of the more general skills required.
Building a successful career in insurance
This course is relevant for anyone seeking to develop their knowledge and skills for a rewarding career in the insurance profession or in a support role - ideal for those working for anyone in the profession, from independent brokers through to global insurers and reinsurers and those in the London Market.
Customer Service in Insurance (IF9) counts towards achieving the Certificate in Insurance. It may also count towards the Diploma in Insurance and the Advanced Diploma in Insurance.
Summary of learning outcomes
- Know how to fulfil customer requirements in the insurance sector
- Understand the importance of customer feedback to improve service in the insurance sector
- Understand the importance of good communication to maintain and build client relationships in the insurance profession
- Know how to deal with conflict within an insurance environment
- Understand the importance of keeping accurate and confidential records when dealing with customers
- Know how to manage own workload and time to meet business requirements and timescales
- Know how to work with others to achieve team and organisational objectives
- Understand the sales process
- Know how to increase sales activities
- Know the main regulatory and legal requirements applicable to the application of insurance business
- 90 minutes exam
- 50 multiple choice questions written to 10 case studies
- 70% nominal pass mark
- The 2020 pass rate for this unit was 80%
Study material - editions available
2021 edition (applicable to exams sat 01 Jan 21 to 31 Dec 2021)
2022 edition (applicable to exams sat 01 Jan 22 to 31 Dec 2022) **Availability - Printed - 29 Oct 21**