- 50-100 hrs per unit Study Hours
- See individual unit pages for assessment information only
The Level 4 Diploma in Financial Planning develops core technical understanding across a broad range of key financial planning areas.
The Diploma in Financial Planning is suitable for paraplanners and technical consultants. It is also suitable for those supporting financial planning processes, in particular those who already hold CII credits that count towards completion (otherwise, the Diploma in Regulated Financial Planning is more suitable).
To complete the Diploma in Financial Planning you must already hold one of the following CII qualifications, or equivalent: Certificate in Financial Services, Certificate in Regulated Financial Services Operations, or the withdrawn Certificate in Financial Planning.
The Diploma in Financial Planning comprises option units from across the Personal Finance qualifications framework. A minimum of 140 CII credits must be obtained for successful completion. These credits can be used towards further CII qualifications.
At least 80 CII credits must be at Diploma level, this includes the nine units listed below and units R01-R04 and R06 from the Diploma in Regulated Financial Planning. One Advanced Diploma in Financial Planning unit can count towards this requirement.
The remaining credits can come from any units within the Personal Finance qualifications framework, subject to a maximum of 30 CII credits at Advanced Diploma level.
Select from the following core units to achieve 140 CII Credits at Diploma level:
- Trusts (J02) – 20 CII credits
- Pension Income Options (J05) - 20 CII credits
- Supervision in a Regulated Environment (J07) - 20 CII credits
- Paraplanning (J09) - 30 CII credits
- Discretionary Investment Management (J10) - 20 CII credits
- Securities Advice and Dealing (J12) - 20 CII credits
- Advanced Mortgage Advice (R07) - 15 CII credits
Important note – J03 and J11 are now withdrawn. Any credits already achieved from these units will continue to count towards the completion requirements of the Diploma in Financial Planning and the Advanced Diploma in Financial Planning.
For units in this qualification, students typically have access to the following materials as part of their enrolment:
- Study text (printed and/or digital) with digital updates
- RevisionMate online study support, including end of chapter tests
- Exam guide containing a practice exam and guidance
- Assessment entry
Additional or different resources may be available for some units.
Select units to complete this qualification
Please read the Completion Requirements section above before selecting any units as these provide essential information on what you need to do to successfully complete this qualification.
Explore and purchase units
- Compulsory units are not available.
- Trusts (J02)
- The Tax and Legal Aspects of Business (J03)
- Pension Income Options (J05)
- Supervision in a Regulated Environment (J07)
- Paraplanning (J09)
- Discretionary Investment Management (J10)
- Wrap and Platform Services (J11).
- Securities Advice and Dealing (J12)
- Advanced Mortgage Advice (R07)
- Group Risk (GR1)
- Financial Services, Regulation and Ethics (R01)
- Investment Principles and Risk (R02)
- Personal Taxation (R03)
- Pensions and Retirement Planning (R04)
- Financial Protection (R05)
- Financial Planning Practice (R06)