Motor Insurance Claims and Underwriting (India) (IMU) provides knowledge and understanding of the fundamental principles and practices relating to the claims and underwriting process in the Indian motor insurance market.
The default Enrolment option for this unit includes:
- Latest version of the core learning content, in digital format only, delivered on RevisionMate.
- Assessment entry.
This unit will soon be withdrawn from sale.
Please note: for those who have previously purchased but not yet booked their exam, bookings can be made via MyCII. The final date you will be able to sit an IMU exam is 30 April 2024.
Motor Insurance Claims and Underwriting (India) (IMU) ensures an understanding of the key aspects of claims and underwriting. Different types of customer information influence the treatment of the risk they represent. Underwriters use this knowledge to set fair policy terms and premiums. This unit also covers key stages in the lifecycle of a policy.
The unit also focuses on the administration and management of the claims experience, relevant legislation and technological innovations aimed at improving the claims experience.
Motor Insurance Claims and Underwriting (India) (IMU) is not available in the UK. Non-UK candidates can enrol online and opt for their preferred international exam centre location. Alternatively, candidates can enrol by contacting Customer Services.
Building a successful career in insurance
This course is suitable for those working in insurance or who aspire for a rewarding career in insurance. Motor Insurance Claims and Underwriting (India) (IMU) counts towards achieving a Certificate in Motor Insurance (India). It also counts towards attaining the Certificate in Insurance.
Summary of learning outcomes:
- Understand the material facts and information relating to the motor insurance underwriting process
- Understand the underwriting procedures relating to the motor insurance underwriting process
- Understand pricing factors and managing exposure in the motor insurance underwriting process
- Understand renewals and cancellation in relation to the motor insurance underwriting process
- Understand the general principles in the motor claims-handling process
- Understand claims considerations and administration
- Understand motor claim settlement
- 2 hour exam
- 65 multiple choice questions (MCQs) and 2 case studies, each comprising 5 MCQs
- 70% nominal pass mark
Instructions on accessing your course on RevisionMate will be sent to your registered email address. This is typically within two working days of your order being placed, but may be longer, particularly if payment is made by bank transfer or the unit is available as a pre-order.
Study material – editions available
2023-24 edition (applicable to exams sat 01 May 2023 to 30 April 2024)