Strategic Claims Management (996) provides you with an introduction to the concepts and processes of strategic claims management, together with some of the issues that need to be addressed by leaders at this level.
The default Enrolment option for this unit includes:
- Latest version of the core learning content, in digital format only.
- Assessment entry.
Strategic Claims Management syllabus and study text take you beyond the day-to-day operational management of the claims function and are aimed at those who have, or aspire to have, responsibility for a claims function as part of their role. It is intended for those nearing the completion of their ACII qualification who have already developed a solid grounding in the technical aspects of insurance and will be approaching, or have already reached, first-line management.
It is assumed that you have knowledge of insurance organisations, finance and regulations. In addition, such assumed knowledge could include: first-line supervisory management, including, e.g. interviewing techniques and performance management; handling of complaints; negotiation skills; and the management of claims.
Success in the 996 assessment will require you to undertake further reading and private research beyond this core text.
Building a successful career in insurance
Strategic Claims Management (996) is intended for Claims specialists with several years’ experience who are looking to develop their career through the route: Section Head; Departmental Claims Manager; Company Claims Manager and anyone who interacts with the claims function. It can also apply to those who receive claims data.
It is assumed that you already have a grounding in claims gained from study of Claims
Practice (M85) or Advanced Claims (820), and knowledge of insurance organisations, finance and regulations as typically covered in Insurance, Legal and Regulatory (IF1), or Insurance Business and Finance (M92) or equivalent examinations.
Summary of learning outcomes
- Discuss the role of strategic claims management within the insurance value chain.
- Evaluate the implications of regulation for a claims function.
- Evaluate the claims strategy within the broader business context, culture and corporate strategy.
- Evaluate the financial impact of the claims strategy on the business.
- Analyse the requirements of a leadership role in the claims function.
- Analyse wider issues that affect claims strategy.
- 3 coursework assignments of up to 3,200 words
- 50% nominal pass mark
- The average pass rate for those completing Advanced Diploma in Insurance coursework units in full is currently 96.8%
Study material – editions available
Enrolment (12 months) **New edition availability - Printed & Digital - 30 Nov 21**